Weather The Storm

Monday, February 13, 2017

“She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the Universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings… this is what I strive for.” 

My number one goal for 2017 was to focus on myself, and finding my own happiness again. I wanted to make sure that I was putting myself first, because for so long I have put everyone else’s needs before my own. I grew up in a Christian home, was raised in a Baptist church, and was baptized at a young age. But I let life get in the way. I pushed God to the back burner… that’s a tough pill to swallow. 

I have been wrecked. I have weathered such a long and powerful storm. But now I want God to tear down these walls I have put up, and wreck my heart with his beautiful words. 

I don’t want to regret a single second of my life, but I want to be rooted and grounded in His love. I want to be filled with His fullness. I want to live a life full of purpose. 

I have anchored myself in this mindset of wasting my days, and I gave my heart away to people who just took advantage of me. Not once did I bury myself in the word, or renew my soul with His words. I hated what I saw in the mirror. So often I avoided even looking in the mirror, if I could help it. But – God has pulled me out of the storm I was caught up in, and He has redeemed me and given me another chance. 

“I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power.” Ephesians 3:7 

I think about my past all the time, and too often I realize that I spend way too much time living in it. Where we are headed is a lot more important than what lies behind us. When we spend too much time looking back, we can be thrown off course, which can ultimately set us back. I desire to be on the right path, and to be bountiful and fruitful for God. 

I mean it is incredible how amazing life is. We get one life to live, so why not live it right? There is beauty everywhere you look. It is amazing how the Lord has changed my view, to see beauty in everything. So often we overlook things, when we could be seeing beauty, or simply a visual gift from God. 

When I look back at my life, God has helped me overcome so many mistakes, defeats, and blessings. He got me through it all. Though I may not have looked to Him when I should have, he was there with me every step of the way, through every part of the storm. 

“Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” Proverbs 31:30

XO.

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -