Patience Is A Virtue

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Did your parents ever use that line with you when you were growing up? Mine sure did... and looking back, I'm glad they did.

Growing up, I had the attention span of a squirrel, constantly moving from one thing to the next, which also caused me to have a severe lack of patience. One of my favorite things to play growing up was "school." Ironically, I grew up to really dislike school, and dropped out of college after setting my major as Early Childhood Education. HA. God works in mysterious ways.
But as a kid, every time I played school, I was the teacher. I either used my siblings or cousins as students, or stuffed animals. But if no one listened to me, since I was the teacher, naturally I became impatient.

Most children are impatient, right? They want everything now now now! They want things done their way, which in their minds is always considered the right way. In most cases, a meltdown caused by lack of patience usually resulted in timeout. Now there's a formula for impatience.

Right now I'm working as a nanny for a family who goes to my church. They have three girls, 4-year old twins and a 6 year old. Don't get me wrong, the girls are a joy to be around, but they are all at the age where their moods can change at the drop of a hat. Timeout is not their friend. I see firsthand every day how little patience they all have. If they don't get just the right amount of cereal for a snack, a meltdown erupts, and they fall to the floor.

I am in this stage where I am at a loss as to what I should be doing with my life.

Yes, I did go to school to become a hair stylist, and yes I do have my license now. But I can't even begin to explain the feelings I have had since the holidays.

I can't really put it into words. I don't know of anyone who I can try to explain it too, either.

But I do know that this is God's way of truly testing my patience. He knows how thin it is.

My parents are wanting me to find another job in a salon like yesterday. God love them, they have been on my case about it. They sat me down last weekend before church, and we discussed an impromptu plan to go about it. A perfect example of patience, ha.

But again, I feel God tugging at my heart, almost like he's trying to pull me in a different direction. But what direction is that?

Psalm 37:7 says "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him."

Now this could be where I tell you about my journey with prayer, but to be quite honest, I really don't have one. I have never really known how to pray, even though I'm sure there's no right or wrong way.

It can be as simple as asking God for a sign. To show me the right path.

But I know that this season of waiting, though it does require patience, is full of beauty and stillness. He knows my heart, He knows what I need to do in the end.

Timing is everything, but I know I can rest in God's timing. He is SO good.

Have faith, and be patient. He always keeps his promises.

XO.

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -